Spice and Wolf

Go down

Spice and Wolf

Post by enigmator on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Summary:
This is a story about Craft Lawrence, a traveling merchant, who meets Holo, an age-old wolf deity. Together, they travel across the land all the way to Holo's home in the north.

Since I'm rewatching this right now anyway, why not a thread about it?

I haven't seen the second season yet, so in preparation, I decided to refresh myself by looking at the first one. I didn't have any special expectations towards this, but it felt much better than I recalled it to be. There's just so much to focus on, be it the budding romance between Lawrence and Holo, the economic intrigue, or the suffocating influence of the pre-reformation church. Still halfway through, but it's been enjoyable so far.

thoughts:

The setting is actually the best part of this series for me: It's an age where trading networks are expanding and the church is gaining real political power. The villages are no longer the isolated little hubs they used to be. No longer content with gaining off the "land's bounty", the people begin to seek prosperity for themselves; they dabble in trade, looking to expand. It's an age of human ambition. From this structure, I like how this story explores the isolation of one such being who is used and forgotten under the march of progress.
enigmator
The Extra
The Extra

Exp : 1364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spice and Wolf

Post by hikaru_yamato on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Spice and Wolf has been one of my favorite series. Saw it a few years after it first aired and I've been reading the novel since then. The anime was a loyal adaptation so no complaints here. What I love most are the characters and their witty dialogue.
hikaru_yamato
One Shot Wonder
One Shot Wonder

Exp : 1341

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spice and Wolf

Post by kamenriderkabuto on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:33 am

Amarty did nothing wrong.

kamenriderkabuto
Bit Character
Bit Character